You may know of Powerball. You may have heard of some lucky winners! But, did you know these fun facts about the Powerball lottery?
1. A bartender once won $17500 as a tip! A patron left two lottery tickets behind as a tip, and one turned out to be a winner!
2. The store which sells the winning ticket will receive a 25000 dollar bonus from the lottery. The bonus is not subtracted from the jackpot winner’s sum but paid independently by Powerball to the seller.
3. The largest Powerball jackpot was 1.5 billion US dollars. It started at 40 million dollars but had been drawn 19 times without a winner.
4. Players must buy tickets in the United States to play Powerball. Foreign players with sufficient Powerball how to play knowledge, however, will know that they can participate but must purchase and claim the jackpot in the US.
5. Winners can either choose to be paid in 30 graduated installments or opt for a lump sum payment. The graduated payments usually amount to more money than the lump sum.
6. The drawing of the winning numbers is usually held at the Florida Lottery’s studio in Tallahassee.
7. For winners who choose the annuity payment option, they will receive an annual payment that might grow, based on the securities that Powerball invests in.
8. When you purchase a ticket, your odds of winning are 1 in 292 million!
9. Lotto companies select a cause to which money from the lottery will be donated. In many US states, the money goes towards education. Other common uses include wildlife programs and parks.
10. In one lottery drawing, the second prize was awarded to 110 prize winners! Known in pop culture as the “fortune cookie payout of 2005”, this meant that the 19 million dollar prize had to be split among these players.